Ian Goodman – Principal & Senior Project Manager
With a deep understanding of the property industry and a professional background as a Quantity Surveyor, Ian has over 35 years of successful project management experience.
His background as a Quantity Surveyor is the basis of his strengths in all aspects of financial management, procurement and contractual procedures including acting in the Principal’s Representative or Superintendent role. This has been supplemented by a number of years working in senior project and construction management roles for project managers and contractors where he gained a comprehensive knowledge of construction methods, design management, contract administration, programming and all aspects of project delivery.
Ian has managed teams on several retail projects with Compass over the last 10 years in Development Manager, Project Manager & Superintendent roles from concept design through authority approvals (inclusive major project approvals), design development, tender and project delivery. Further roles have included provision of strategic advice relating to cost management, contract management, contract and adjudication claims. The projects have been of various sizes and levels of complexity, with the majority involving works undertaken in live operating environments.
Prior to joining Compass, Ian undertook the role of General Manager- Property for WIN Corporation where he was responsible for managing a diverse property portfolio including television and radio network facilities, transmission facilities, investment properties, commercial and land development. This broadened his knowledge of the property industry and provided experience in senior corporate management.
Previously, Ian worked in the UK & Caribbean in senior management roles for large construction and development companies responsible for complete project implementation and delivery of a wide range of project types utilizing a variety of procurement methods. The projects he worked on covered the Retail, Commercial, Residential, Airports, Hotels & Leisure, Healthcare and Education sectors.
Qualifications / Contract Experience
- Associate Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AAIQS) (Originally MRICS qualified and affiliated)
- MBA in Construction & Real Estate / Post Diploma in Project Management, CEM (UK) – pending dissertation
- BSA (Queensland) Nominee Supervisor Licence, Builder- Project Management Service
- GC21 (Edition 2)
- 10314NAT – Asbestos Awareness
- Project Management
- Cost, Value and Claims Management
- Development Planning Approvals Management
- Construction Methodology
- Design Management
- Contract Documentation & Procurement
- Contract Administration incl. Superintending / Principal’s Representative Roles
- Risk Management
- Strategic Advice & Project Planning
Recent Roles / Completed Projects
- GPT – RHTC Stage 2 – Principal (ongoing)
- Dexus -MLC Centre Redevelopment- Principal (in construction)
- Vicinity – Roselands Redevelopment Stage 1
- ANU – Union Court Redevelopment (Development Manager/Superintendent)
- GPT – Wollongong Central: West Kiera, North & South Buildings Redevelopments
- IPOH – Chifley Plaza Repositioning (Ongoing)
- Elanora Country Club Redevelopment
- BB Retail – Caringbah Homemaker Centre (JRPP approvals and design management)
- Charter Hall – Gowrie Street Mall Singleton Redevelopment (Superintendent)
- Fabcot – Vincentia Marketplace (Part 3A / S75W; D/D to tender)
For further information or to contact Ian please contact us