Paul McDonald – Principal & Senior Project Manager
Paul has over 30 years experience in the Construction Industry as a Project Manager and Contractor, and brings broad industry experience and knowledge to Compass. As a Senior Project Manager, Paul is responsible for managing our Compass Project Teams out of Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra.
Paul’s roles have included providing assistance and strategic advice to Client’s Development Managers, Authority Liaison/Management, Risk Management, engagement of consultant teams, managing the design development, development of procurement strategies, contractor tendering and engagement process on major projects, undertaking the role of Superintendent and the management of the Compass teams for the day to day administration of the building contractors.
Paul has recently completed a number of modular construction projects, which lends itself to fast track delivery. Notably the accommodation buildings at the Taronga Wildlife Retreat, and the 450 bed student accommodation buildings for the ANU Kambri Precinct Redevelopment.
Paul also has considerable experience in retail and mixed use projects. Understanding the specific issues relating to retail is essential to successful project delivery. The mix of managing tenant leases, customer car and pedestrian access, life safety systems and overall safety make these projects complex requiring a high level of experience. It is also critical to manage the interfaces between the retail spaces and residential or commercial development above to ensure that the structure and services are optimized to minimize adverse impacts across the project.
Prior to Compass, Paul was with APP Corporation for 8 years, as a Project Manager on a variety of projects in the Health, Retail, Leisure, Commercial, Residential, Institutional, Government, Educational and Processing sectors with Territory, State and Federal Government projects completed, Paul has extensive experience in the requirements of structured project deliveries and the associated reporting requirements these projects demand.
Prior to joining APP, Paul spent three years with Leighton Contractors on the Star City Casino project.
Qualifications and affiliations
- Bachelor of Building (Construction Management) UTS
- 10314NAT – Asbestos Awareness (ACT)
- Workcover Whitecard
- Project Management
- Project Studies and Feasibilities
- Authority Approval Management
- Strategic advice and Procurement Planning
- Project Planning
- Contract Development • Consultant Engagement
- Design Management / Coordination
- Risk Management
- Authority Approvals / Liaison
- Procurement Strategy Execution
- Contract Administration
- Project Procedures & Quality Assurance
Recent roles / Completed projects
- GPT – Rouse Hill Town Centre Stage 2
- Australian Museum – Project Discover
- Design Program Management
- ANU – Kambri Precinct Redevelopment
- TCSA – Taronga Wildlife Retreat
- Macquarie Uni – PF10A – Adaptive Reuse Project
- GPT/QIC – MLC Stage 2
- GPT – Casuarina Mall Entertainment Precinct
- GPT – Charlestown Mall International Mini Major Expansion
- GPT – Wollongong Central West Kiera
- Charter Hall Allenstown Plaza Redevelopment
- Charter Hall – Gowrie Street Mall Singleton Redevelopment
- Stockland – Merrylands (Stage 1)
- QIC – Canberra Centre Expansion Project
For further information or to contact Paul please contact us